Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Cool Beans!


I had lunch with former VENTURE BROTHERS artist Uncle Phil last week and promised I'd put up a couple of the doodles I did while on a VENTURE DVD binge recently. This Adult Swim show really got under my skin and I am looking forward to the upcoming season, which starts in June. The writing is often very funny and some of the voice characterizations are priceless. The Monarch's minions Number 21 and 24 invariably make me laugh out loud.

I know the color doodle is way off model, (i didn't have any reference when I sketched it) but I did a number of sketches of Doc Venture and Hank also. Doc is fun to draw because his physique is so "real" and Hank is a real favorite character for me, with his Scooby Doo outfit and his never-say-think attitude.


These sketches probably indicate just how outside of my realm the look of the show is, but the writing is something I really admire. One of the few shows I've seen in a while that has a specific and original "voice." Hats off to Jackson and Doc for getting something this unique on the air.

These tributes are for entertainment purposes only and are no way intended for profit or ill-gain. Copyright CARTOON NETWORK, ADULT SWIM, ASTROBASE GO! and NOODLE SOUP PRODCTIONS. Please, no wagering.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar