Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

200th Post: FAC Life Drawing

This is the 200th post! I never thought it would take two and a half years to get here. I should do a drawing or something to commemorate but....perhaps another time.

Thanks to everyone who came to our panel in San Diego and came by our booth. It was great to meet so many nice people and I really hope we can all do it again next year.

*****ROCKET JOHNSON UPDATE: There are still a few copies of our book available. Head over to www.whoisrocketjohnson.com for details on how to get it!

Anyway here is the beginning of the Famous Artists Course (1950 edition) Chapter 4: Simple Anatomy and Figure Drawing. There's a Chapter 3 that's also about figure drawing but it's so basic - just talking about proportion and other stuff that also seems to be covered here - that I thought I'd start with Chapter 4. I will circle back and do Chapter 3 sometime but I really don't think it's all that great. After this Chapter is another good one on humans as well as some good material on drawing animals. These Chapters are quite long so this is just the very beginning of it.

People always seem to want these FAC posts, but then again nobody ever says they're good after I post them, so please, help me out - if you enjoy them, leave a comment and let me know. They are a lot of work to scan, composite and crop so I want to make sure that people actually enjoy them, or if people don't like them I'll hold back a bit on these. Anyway, let me know, thanks!!!









I know, I did these backwards. I did folds first, when I should have done anatomy first! Ah well, I hope these are helpful to everyone. They get better as they go along too, so be patient!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar