Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Driving Faux Pas

So, yesterday started off with a bang. I was dizzy and queasy, then I could see the squiggly lines that precede a hum dinger of a headache. I don't get them often, but when I do …. Realizing that I had to stay on two feet and check all the campers in,  I dosed myself with Ibuprofen and Tylenol and caffeine and sugar. 

I kept the headache at bay, but I was still not 100%. Four different campers yelled at me because they wanted to just change sites at will and did not like the sites I assigned them. One woman literally screeched at me. There is mud on my grounds. Mud is unacceptable it seems. I gave her a refund and sent her on her way.

But we are talking about drivers today. You know you can go to any RV dealer and drive out in a 45' motorhome with no training to drive one. This does not let those pulling campers behind them out of my rant. I think you should have to take a course to be able to pilot these down the highway. Thursday's railroad tie dragger being a good example.

Yesterday, a man towing a travel trailer about 32' long informed me that it was impossible to park in the site I  assigned him. So I moved him and spent a lot of time rearranging sites with my pending headache. Wouldn't be so bad if the guy had not been such a jerk and yelled at me. Later, I parked the really big 5th wheel whose site was taken by travel trailer guy in that same site and he knew how to drive and pulled right in.

I happened to be standing up when I saw a truck towing a camper come flying in and do a 180 turn in front of the office. Dust was flying and I waited expectantly for the bad driver to enter so that I could chastise him. Some of my regular weekend campers I have watched grow from toddlers to teens rubbed their hands together in anticipation.


"Going a little fast, aren't you?" I said to the driver. He tried to charm with his boyish good looks and golly gee little lady attitude. Didn't work. I told him he could ask the state trooper who ran my stop sign how I feel about those who disobey my rules. Then I asked if they had any discount cards. I reeled off those acceptable - Military, Veteran, AARP, AAA, Good Sam, active police and firefighters. His wife said, "Well, he is a policeman" very quietly. The good dose of public humiliation he got was the highlight of my day! I heard his little boy tell him that he should stop speeding.


I checked in my last camper at 8:30. Never have I been so happy to be done for the day!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar